Friday, May 17, 2013

7 Days Sexual Purity...START OVER! AHHH!!

So, I slipped up on my commitment to the 7 days of sexual purity. ....Really?  The day after I posted about it. ...TODAY. But, I want to kick this thing in the teeth.  It thinks it has me by the balls...and I guess it has. That is why I am posting this publicly. I am starting my 7 day cleanse over right now.

It will not have total power over me!  Darkness, secrecy, shame, hidden places....these are my enemies.  I cried over my disappointment in myself...I let myself feel the disappointment...I turned it over to God...I am walking on in hope.

This is a big one for me.  I really do need all the prayer help I can get.  I am tired of being a slave to sex and drugs.  I am learning to go through my feelings and fears and not escape them

My prayer:  Daddy-God, help me to walk in your EMPOWERING PRESENCE...take away my shame...I can't carry it...show me who I am...remind me that there is a better life...remind of the price you paid for my freedom...continue to show me a picture of a life outside of slavery.  I need you...and I want to be close to you, even when my actions don't prove it. Be near me...comfort me...strengthen me...make me ok.

God help me today and through these next 7 days.

1 comment:

  1. Prayed along with your prayer to our Heavenly Father--take one day at a time with Him. Be well.

    ReplyDelete