Tuesday, May 21, 2013

I've Been Rescued...What God Spoke To Me

Yesterday was a series of events and conversations that I could not have put together if I tried. (and I'm pretty good at putting things together, LOL)  I have so desperately wanted God to speak to me...I need answers or I can't possibly go on...am I working on all this drugs and sex stuff only to find out that I am still living in sin?  ...must I seek reparative identity counseling again?  ...must I walk confidently forward as I am?  ...Help!!!

So, there is this story of a guy who hears of a coming flood and starts praying for God to rescue him.  A police officer comes by soon after and offers to give the man a ride to higher ground before the water starts rising.  The man replies, "no thank you!  ...God will save me!  The water begins to rise...so much so that the man has to go to the second floor of his home.  A neighbor comes by in his boat and yells to the man through his second story window and urges him to jump into his boat, lest he drowned.  The man replies, "no thank you!  ...God will save me!  The water rages higher and faster and the man finally retreats to his roof-top.  A coast guard helicopter flies overhead and a loud voice barrels out from the chopper's megaphone, commanding him to climb the ladder into the safety of the aircraft, lest he die.  The man replies, "no thank you!  ...God will save me!" 
The man drowns.
As he stands before Jesus, he questions with bewilderment, "why didn't you save me?"  Jesus answers, "I  sent a police officer, a boat and a helicopter...what were you waiting for?"

I have received my police officer, boat and helicopter... 

This is what God was saying to me through the four separate conversations and events yesterday:

1.)  You are made in my image

2.)  Receive my unconditional, unequivocal, radical mind bending/heart altering love for you...NOW!

3.)  Start loving and respecting yourself, knowing I designed you PERFECTLY...no mistakes here.

4.)  Surround yourself with those who can 100% embrace what I am doing in you.  (incubator style)

5.)  My mercies are new every morning...and every moment, it is morning somewhere...get some every time you need it, as often as you need it...don't worry, it's unending.

6.)  My calling on your life is not contingent upon any other person's approval of you...mine is the only one you need...YOU'VE GOT IT!

7.) Walk with your head held high, like you know Who's you are!

8.)  All of this junk in your life you have been battling...  focus most of your effort on getting 1-7 down pat and I'm working on the junk for you. I've got you, son!

No comments:

Post a Comment