Wednesday, May 8, 2013

My stumbling...His glory

I hate to be honest about it but it is the best thing for me. I used again. I know all the reasons why I shouldn't and I know everyone else wants to slap me upside the head and yell 'wake up...grow up'. I couldn't agree more.
The depression and anxiety gets worse with each relapse. I couldn't even sleep in my own room because of the extreme anxiety.
What is it I am looking for? I have all that I need already. I am not going to over analyze it. I just have to remind myself that God says I am worth it and even if everyone else gives up on me...He never will.
I want to know God's goodness in the land of the living. I want to know what it is to truly walk in freedom from addiction and self loathing.
My prayer is that God will use every tear...every stumble...every lesson...to make me stronger and bring hope, healing, and freedom to another struggler.
God help me and bring your mercy to those who aren't even seeking it.

4 comments:

  1. It's alright. Get up, dust yourself off and try again. God is with you. You can do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone has a bad day. Fall off the horse you get right back on. Keep your eyes turned up and Jesus will keep carrying you until he knows you can walk on your own again. Then he'll still be walking next to you. Until then you have the angels of prayer on your side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff, as my Dad would say, you are worth the blood of Jesus. God loved YOU and believed in YOU so much that he gave his only son to die for YOU. Next to salvation what is eveything else? NOTHING. Who cares who "gives up" on you here on earth? God bet his most precious possession on you, and God doesn't bet to loose. We all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. The question is now....what will you do with his most beautiful gift of free will? Fight to be a testiment to His glory. Never give up. The road is hard. Stand strong and know that you are loved. Hugs, Comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And through it all, you're still loved and supported in your fight. Be encouraged...We all stumble and we all fall short from time to time, but true failure only happens when you completely give up on getting back in it and trying again. Prayers for strength, health, and Godly resolve to beat this thing, one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete