Tuesday, March 5, 2013

God Accepts me...Why Don't I?

I spent most of my life trying to change who I was...trying to adjust this and that to be pleasing to God. At times, I tried to become something and someone totally different.
 
All that changing and trying and shape shifting landed me in the depths of despair. I thought, maybe, I was suffering for Jesus. But, suffering for Jesus is suffering for the sake of sharing His gospel. He doesn't just want us to suffer and then say it was for His sake. He wanted me to slap myself upside the head and wake up!
...Wake up to the fact that He knows me...He formed me...He designed me...He loves me.........
.....and 'dawg-on-it', I should get with the program. I am finally beginning to see myself how my loving God sees me:

ACCEPTED, BEAUTIFUL, STRONG, RIGHTEOUS, SURRENDERED, CAPABLE, FULL OF LIFE, FULL OF LOVE, HEART OF COMPASSION, COURAGEOUS!!

Matthew 5:5 (Message) "You're blessed when you're content with just who you are - no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought."

No comments:

Post a Comment