Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I Still Have Dreams

I still have dreams... I used to dream of a life filled with music, singing, speaking to crowds and moving them to action, writing books that alter the way we think, leading a movement that speaks out for those who have been pushed aside.
 
I have been praying for God's will to be done in my life today, each day. That has been easy, when I believe that my life is meant for nothing more than survival. ......just survive today and don't get %@^$ up. 

But a dream still stirs in my heart. That scares me a bit. What if it is more me than God? What if I fail? What if my dreams are just dreams and I end up disappointed? These are the thoughts that go through my head...just being honest.
 
Well, fortunately, I don't have much of a reputation to uphold...and trying and failing at my dreams has to hold, at least, a little more honor than destroying my life with crystal meth.
 

I am trying to get the hang of this whole idea of completely surrendering to God and letting Him lead me.....AND, at the same time, take purposeful action in a direction that I think is God's will.
 

I know it's not suppose to be complicated...but, trust me, I can complicate anything. 
So, I move forward...life surrendered, actions purposeful, and heart filled with hope.
 

Psalm 39:7-8 "And now, Lord what do I wait for? MY HOPE IS IN YOU. Deliver me from all my transgressions; Do not make me the reproach of the foolish."

1 comment:

  1. You have a beautiful gift of expressing your thoughts and emotions. You don't know me but I know your parents from the distance of the pulpit. Pastor Rick use to come to Victory Fellowship in New Orleans back in the 90s and I just loved it when he came and spoke with us. I have been a fb friend of your Mom's for a while now. You are an encouragement to parents as well as people who haven't found or are just on the road to recovery. I have friends and relatives who have been walking the path to recovery a long time or just starting and I love them. They seem to have a greater appreciation of life now. I would like to subscribe to your blog. Congratulations and I wish you life to the fullest.

    ReplyDelete